Racial


A GANG of three men jumped out of a car before headbutting and attacking a group of teenagers with a claw hammer, a court heard.

Two of the men were yesterday jailed for the attack, while the third was given a suspended sentence at Bolton Crown Court.

The three boys were walking along Green Lane, Great Lever, at about 1.30am on October 1, 2011, when the three men, now all aged 22, drove past and shouted something at them, the court heard.

The boys shouted back and the driver of the black Vauxhall Astra, Mohammed Khan, turned the car around.

Source and Full Story

Advertisements

A suspected sex trafficking ring in which girls as young as 11 were allegedly targeted was far larger than previously feared, according to police.

As many as 50 young girls have come forward claiming to have been sold for sex in Oxford, detective confirmed today.

It was originally thought that 24 girls, aged between 11 and 16 years, were the only victims but more youngsters have since contacted the police alleging they were also victims.

Full Story and Source

A GANG attack by up to 15 teenagers in the Duke Bar area of Burnley has left two men with head and chest injuries.

Nineteen-year-old friends were walking along Colne Road, between Hurtley Street and New Hall Street, when they were confronted by a gang of Asian youths and subjected to racist abuse.

The friends, both white, were challenged to a fight but were clearly outnumbered, according to police.

One of them was pushed into the road and subjected to kicks and punches.

Police said he was left with chest and rib injuries.

His friend was then pursued by some of the youths, towards Barden Lane, and was also attacked, resulting in him sustaining facial injuries.

Detective Constable Tim Maddox, of Pennine police division’s hate crimes unit, has just issued an appeal for witnesses to the violence, which is thought to have occurred between around 2.30pm and 3pm on Sunday.

“There is believed to have been a bus passing, around that time, and there may have been traffic backed up as a result of the incident,” he added.

The attacks took place close to an area of cleared terrace housing, which also housed the former Derby Arms pub.

Police say the larger group contained between 10 and 15 Asian youths, believed to be in their late teens.

The victims were allowed home after hospital treatment.

People with any information on those responsible for the attack are asked to call the unit on 01282 472282.

Alternatively call Crimestoppers, free and annonymously, on 0800 555111.

Source

A group of Asian youths taken on a day-trip to Blackpool to avoid becoming embroiled violence at an EDL march ended up knocking a man unconscious in a car park brawl.

Five teenagers have been found guilty of their part in the incident in which a father-of-two was punched to the ground.

The five were part of a group of youths who were taken to on the trip on July 17 last year, the day of an English Defence League march in Dudley in the West Midlands.

The day-trip cost the public purse £2,113 and saw the group from the Tipton and Oldbury areas of the West Midands accompanied by a police officer and officials from the council.

The clash happened after the youths got off their coach and began chanting racist comments at Derek Brownhill, who had just got off a coach parked nearby.

The chants were heard by Mr Brownhill’s pregnant partner and two young daughters, as well as a group of elderly people, the court was told

In the ensuing confrontation Mr Brownhill was punched and hit with such force by Riad Hussain, 19, that both feet left the ground.

Wolverhampton Crown Court was told the blows left unconscious and with bruising and swelling to his face and head.

The group then punched Hussain, from Oldbury, in the face to give him a bruise so they could try to claim that his actions were in self defence.

Prosecutor David Swinnerton told the court that the teenagers – Hussain, Wasim Telhat, 18, Raja Rashid, 18, and two 17-year-olds – were part of a large group of Asian youths taken to Blackpool by coach on July 17 last year to avoid potential trouble.

At the time of the violence, two of the gang were on bail for a hammer attack in Tipton, West Midlands, that took place three months before the Blackpool incident.

 

Read More at Source.

A BURNLEY schoolboy has been left on crutches following a shocking attack in broad daylight.

The 13-year-old boy was walking home from Blessed Trinity RC College at 3-45 p.m. on Tuesday, January 11th, when he was jumped by a gang of Asian youths. He was pushed to the ground in Queen Victoria Road, near Thompson and Queen’s Parks, and was repeatedly punched in the face and body.

He was left with severe swelling to his eyes and nose, badly bruised ribs and injuries to his legs.

Anybody with any information is urged to contact Burnley police on 01282 425001 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Source

 

A TEENAGE boy was knocked unconscious with a house brick, stabbed with a screwdriver and “left for dead” in a vicious race attack.

Joseph Haigh, 14, was savagely beaten by the gang of up to 15 Asian youths in Thornhill on Friday night.

The gang hurled racist abuse at him, constantly referring to the colour of his skin, yet police refused to classify the attack as racially-motivated.

Joseph’s dad Jonathan, 42, of Thornhill, said: “It was a racist attack.

They were calling him ‘white trash’ and white this, that and the other.

“This is why people are angry about what is happening in this country.

“If it had been an attack by whites on an Asian lad it would have been a definite race attack. When it’s the other way round they don’t want to know.”

Joseph was out with his friends at around 9pm on Friday near Thornhill’s Rectory Park when the gang of Asians, said to be aged 18-20, came at them.

Joseph’s friends scattered and Joseph tried to make off on his bike, only to be confronted by one of the thugs who smashed him in the head with half a brick.

Mr Haigh, a lorry driver, told how that blow knocked his son unconscious and he instinctively put his hands over his face to protect himself.

Another youth lunged at him with a screwdriver while others kicked and punched him about the head.

Mr Haigh said: “They went to stab him in the face and it was only because he had his hands up that they missed.

“He was stabbed in one hand, his other hand was broken and a cut on his forehead was down to the bone.

“If they had hit him a bit harder with the house brick they could have killed him.

“They just left him for dead.”

Joseph’s teeth were also badly damaged and he may lose a tooth. His teeth were wired and he needed specialist treatment at the trauma unit at Leeds General Infirmary.

One of Joseph’s friends raised the alarm and when Mr Haigh arrived his son was laid out in a bus shelter covered in blood.

Joseph’s bike was also missing and was believed to have been stolen by the gang.

Joseph was off school all week and tensions were said to be running high at Thornhill Community Science College.

“It’s shocking what’s happened,” said Mr Haigh. “I have lived in Thornhill all my life and there were fights between whites and Asians 20 years ago. But this wasn’t braying someone and giving them a black eye, it was a vicious attack.

“You don’t go out with a house brick and a screwdriver if you’re not going to seriously hurt someone.”

Mr Haigh, who has a wife Stacey, 40, and another son James, 19, said he wanted out of Dewsbury.

“It used to be a good, thriving town but Dewsbury has got nothing to offer us anymore.”

A police spokesman said the initial police report had not classified the attack as racially-motivated but inquiries were continuing.

Insp Jenny Thompson, of Dewsbury police, said: “This was a vicious, unprovoked attack on a young boy which left him with some serious injuries.

“This kind of behaviour will not be tolerated within Dewsbury and we will be focusing extra patrols around the area as part of on-going work.

“The CID department are currently following some positive lines of inquiry. However I would still appeal for any witnesses or anyone with information to contact Dewsbury CID on 01924 431085 or Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.

Source

Five people from Shropshire have appeared in court in connection with a child sex ring allegedly involving nine teenage girls.

The defendants are alleged to have been part of a gang grooming girls aged between 13 and 15 for sex with other men.

Mohammed Sultan, 23, of Victoria Ave- nue, Wellington, Mohammed Yunis, 58, and Abdul Rouf, 33, both of Kingsland, Arleston, are all charged with conspiring with others to cause or incite a child to engage in sexual activity between January 1, 2008, and December 7, 2009, in Shrewsbury or elsewhere in the country. Sultan is also charged with intentionally arranging and facilitating travel for a person carrying out a relevant off- ence in Telford or elsewhere in the country.

Ahdel Ali, 22, of Regent Street, Wellington, is charged with trafficking persons within the UK for sexual exploitation, conspiring with a female of 13 years or older to engage in sexual activity, supplying a Class A drug and supplying a Class B drug.

Mubarek Ali, 26, also of Regent Street, Wellington, Telford, is charged with trafficking persons within the UK for sexual exploitation and conspiring with a female of 13 years or older to engage in sexual activity.

At Shrewsbury Crown Court today Sultan, Ahdel Ali and Mubarek Ali were remanded in custody. Rouf and Yunis were granted bail. A plea and case management hearing was fixed for June 4.

Source

Next Page »