An Indian restaurant in North Hykeham has been fined £3,015 and branded a serious health risk after food was found to be contaminated with mouse droppings.

Abdul Samad, operator of The Sarga in Newark Road, North Hykeham, pleaded guilty to 14 food hygiene offences and one health and safety offence at Lincoln Magistrates Court on Friday.

Food was also found to have been gnawed by the rodents, as well as mould growing on chopping boards, dirty equipment, a blood-splashed freezer and even a chicken defrosting in a bucket.

The health and safety charge related to damaged gas pipes, found during an inspection on October 11, 2012.

District Judge John Stobart heard that since Mr Samad took over the business in 2005, there had been a history of non-compliance with food hygiene legislation, with food hygiene notices being served on him previously.

Source and Full Story

Advertisements