A takeaway owner has been forced to pay £2,000 after a shard of glass from a shattered lightbulb was discovered in a chicken meal.

A customer alerted public health officers when they found the glass in a £6 rice, couscous, chicken and potatoes dish ordered from Divan Restaurant in Hertford Road, Enfield Highway, in November 2011.

In an interview, the restaurant’s 35-year-old owner, Abdurahim Teymuroglu, admitted a lightbulb smashed when he was changing it and pieces had fallen into open lamb and chicken dishes resting under the hot display cabinet.

Source and Full Story

Advertisements